While the latest release of the Looktel Money Reader offers significant new features for its human users, one Easter egg actually even gets Siri’s attention.
For users of iPhone 4S, it’s now possible to have Siri assist you in bringing up Money Reader so you can save time in searching for the app on your home screens. Siri integration means that you can have the personal assistant locate a link to the app for you, so that you can quickly and conveniently double tap to open it in an instant, for those times when you really need Money Reader on short notice, or would simply rather not need to move through several pages of apps to locate it yourself.
Here’s how this feature works…
• First, once you have Money Reader installed on your phone, create a new contact in your Contacts app.
• Name this contact anything you’d like, bearing in mind that this is the name that you’ll use to bring up Money Reader.
• In the homepage URL text field, type the following: moneyreader://
• Double tap the ‘done’ button to finalize editing of your new contact.
To use this new feature, do the following…
• Tell Siri to bring up your new contact by simply saying the name you’ve entered.
• Siri will then present you with the contact you just created, and its associated info, which, in this case, will be the URL you typed in for Money Reader.
• Now simply double tap the URL you see on the screen, and Money Reader will launch for you.
That’s it! It’s as simple as that!
From now on, when you’d like to use Money Reader, simply tell Siri the name of the Money Reader contact, and Siri will bring it up for you. Double tap the URL to bring up the app and you’re good to go!…
Hope you enjoy this tip and happy Money Reading!…